NOTES & RESOURCES
- Go to FEMA’s official website at http://www.fema.gov for disaster planning resources and other useful information for the U.S. public.
- N.A.D.A. guides provide a wealth of information to value everything from automobiles to motorcycles to mobile homes. Visit their website at: http://www.nadaguides.com.
- The American Insurance Association provides a general overview of Additional Living Expenses (ALE) coverage included in certain homeowners policies. Please visit their website to learn about this important component of insurance at: http://www.www.aiadc.org/.
- ABC television network’s 60 Minutes broadcast on how Hurricane Sandy victims still haven’t received insurance money can be found at:
- NFIP Flood Insurance Claims Handbook. For information, visit http://www.fema.gov/media-library/assets/documents/6659?id=2184.
- For information on Increased Cost Of Compliance Coverage, see http://www.fema.gov/media-library/assets/documents/12170?id=3010.
- http://www.ready.gov/build-a-kitfor more information on how to build a disaster supply kit.
- For information about FEMA’s Small Business Administration (SBA) loan program, please visit: https://www.sba.gov/content/disaster-loan-paper-applications.
- For FEMA’s Crisis Counseling Program, go to: https://www.fema.gov/recovery-directorate/crisis-counseling-assistance-training-program.
- For Disaster Legal Services assistance, please visit the website at: https://www.fema.gov/recovery-directorate/disaster-legal-services-fact-sheet.
- For information regarding Disaster Unemployment Benefits, please go to: https://www.fema.gov/recovery-directorate/disaster-unemployment-assistance-fact-sheet.
- For funeral assistance from FEMA, you can find out more at https://www.fema.gov/media-library/assets/documents/24431.
- Filing a fraudulent claim with FEMA is serious business. Read more about it at: https://www.fema.gov/news-release/2014/03/17/disaster-fraud-filing-false-claim-fema-felony.
- For storm damage news footage around the Reno/Gardnerville area in February 2015, visit
- Visit http://dustinthewindFEMAbook.com/for the author’s official website and blog, including travel tips (Smell the Roses).
- The Red Cross store offers a hand crank radio for disaster preparedness at: http://www.redcrossstore.org/item/ARCPT300W.
- Visit the Red Cross website for information on earthquakes along with just about any other natural disaster you can imagine, including volcanoes! Go to: http://www.redcross.org/prepare/disaster/earthquake.
- Known as one of the greatest plays in baseball history, Rick Monday’s historic April 25, 1976 ‘saving the American flag’ footage can be seen at:
Thirty years later, this author served as its bodyguard during the Patriot Guard Riders tour across the country.
- Visit: http://celebrities4disasterrelief.org/for more about the Robert Winter’s disaster relief donation site.
- Send an email to Robert at: dustinthewindFEMAbook@gmail.com.
- Go to Twitter at: https://twitter.com/@DustInTheWindBkto read daily tips about disaster preparedness and other related info.
- YouTube chronicles Robert’s other exploits. Visit him at: http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=FRECKSZONEto know more about the crazy, wild things the author does in his free time.
http://tinyurl.com/nt9y542 FOX 11 MORNING SHOW TV INTERVIEW
VIDEO ABOUT DUST IN THE WIND
http://tinyurl.com/pz45lfp YAHOO ARTICLE about the book dust in the wind
http://tinyurl.com/nle9oz4 PUBLISHED ARTICLE I Wrote this El Nino article
http://tinyurl.com/o74afzr RECORD-COURIER ARTICLE NEWSPAPER ARTICLE ON AUTHUR
http://tinyurl.com/ppc7fsp RECORD NET STOCKTON NEWSPAPER ARTICLE ON AUTHUR
https://youtu.be/Gx-xP-jQe1Y TIM Donnelly show 38th minute RADIO SHOW INTERVIEW
https://youtu.be/SxiZ9jeC8Jw BUTTE FIRE VIDEO GAVE AWAY A LOT OF MY BOOKS AND ADVISE FOR FIRE VICTIMS
http://tinyurl.com/ntubnl8 ELNINO AOL REPORT
http://bit.ly/1FjXtZj INS SCAMS ARTICLE
http://tinyurl.com/ntubnl8 NOAA ELNINO
https://www.floodsmart.gov/floodsmart/ what could a flood cost me an excellent web site